Tune in online for several hands-on horticulture demonstrations from the backyards of experts! In absence of our in-person event, we reached out to a few of our horticulture friends and asked them to participate in a virtual learning experience. We are thrilled to be able to bring you the following segments to watch from the comfort of your own home:
- A Special Welcome by U of MN President, Joan Gabel
- Houseplants! by Neil Anderson, U of MN
- Shrubs and Perennials for MN Gardens by Debbie Lonnee, Bailey Nurseries
- Best Care Practices for Young Trees by Gary Johnson, U of MN
- A Fresh and Healthy Cooking Demonstration by Sodexo Food Services, U of MN Morris
- Virtual Tours of the Garden by Steve Poppe, U of MN, WCROC
Videos will be made available beginning at 5 pm on Thursday, July 30 and can be accessed at https://z.umn.edu/hortnight. All videos will be available for several weeks following the event.
For those wishing to visit the Horticulture Display Garden, it is open daily from dawn to dusk. Please adhere to all safety procedures and protocols posted at Garden entrances and informational kiosks.
While the year 2020 would have marked our 50th consecutive year of Horticulture Night, we look forward to celebrating 50 years in 2021. Horticulture Night is hosted by the U of MN West Central Research and Outreach Center, Morris.